IPSWICH SHOW SOCIETY
As at 17 March 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS – EVENT TICKETS
These Terms and Conditions may be varied at any time. Any variations become effective on the day immediately after their publication on the website and apply to any purchases made after that date.
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Queensland, Australia.
‘Specified Event’ refers to the Ipswich Show, Bull Ride and any other event that the Ipswich Show Society manages and issues tickets through a third party ticketing system on the website.
1. Tickets are only valid if they are issued by the
Ipswich Show Society for the ‘specified event’.
Tickets not issued through an authorised point of sale
entry will be refused.
2. Prior to purchasing a ticket through an authorised point of sale, you may be required to register for a user account and to nominate an email address and password for your account. You must maintain the confidentiality and security of your user account (including your password) and not provide it to any other person.
3. Please treat your ticket as you would money or other valuables. Do not share your ticket barcode, it may prevent your entry if it is duplicated.
4. All ticket purchases are non-transferable and may not be resold, packaged or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions or trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods and services, without prior written consent. If a ticket is sold or used in breach of these conditions, the bearer of the ticket may be denied admission, or other action taken, without guarantee of a refund. Entry may also be denied if tickets are not purchased from an authorised point of sale.
5. Patrons with an official Companion Card as defined by the Australian Government, accompanied by a Carer, pay Concession ticket prices and their Carer receives free general ticket admission. Companion cards must be presented at the gate to gain entry, accompanied by the paying concession card holder.
6. For the Ipswich Show, Bonus Show tickets are only available online and close on Thursday prior to the Ipswich Show commencement at 23:59 pm. Bonus Show tickets are non-refundable.
7. Ipswich Show Society or their delegate, reserves the right to deny admission to the Specified Event to any person holding a ticket that appears to have been tampered with, counterfeited, defaced or duplicated.
8. Entry may be refused if the ticket buyer does not obey all government regulations regarding the event.
9. Photo ID may be required for age and name verification.
10. It is a condition of entry to the Specified Event that all bags/containers may be subject to a full search at the time of entry to the venue. Refusal to consent to a search WILL prevent entry to the Specified Event, without refund. Any prohibited items found will be confiscated and not returned.
11. The daily program for activities within the
Specified Event is provisional and subject to change
as necessary without notice due to adverse weather
conditions or other operational reasons. The right is
reserved to cancel, withdraw, postpone, relocate or
reschedule activities and there is no guarantee of
viewing any or all scheduled activities.
12. Whilst at the Specified Event visitors are responsible for the security of their own property. Visitors are reminded not to leave bags or packages unattended at any time.
13. Images of the Specified Event taken with a camera, mobile phone or other wireless device cannot be used for any purpose other than for private and domestic purposes, without prior written consent of Ipswich Show Society and payment of any imposed fee. Images cannot be sold, licensed, published or otherwise commercially exploited.
14. Making or distributing of broadcasts, commentary or news reports by any means in any format or media including any such commentary made by mobile phone or other wireless device is not permitted without prior consent by Ipswich Show Society.
15. Entering the site to make political statements or unauthorised protests will result in you being removed from the venue and being referred to the Qld Police Service.
16. Visitors consent to being photographed, filmed and recorded as visitors to the Specified Event and consent to the use of any such film, image or recording at the discretion of Ipswich Show Society.
17. We reserve the right to add, withdraw, reschedule or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, venues, seating arrangements and audience capacity.
RESTRICTED & PROHIBITED ITEMS
For the comfort and safety of visitors, staff and
volunteers the following items are
not permitted to be brought into the Specified Event:
- Amplification equipment
- Animals, except service animals, such as certified assistance dogs & police dogs, approved Exhibitor entrants are allowed on grounds. Check the website for any changes to this permission with respect to the Specified Event.
- Dangerous goods or any other item prohibited by legislation
- Distress signals
- Drones (includes items also defined as UAVs or RPAs by the CASA rules)
- Fireworks, frisbees and helium balloons
- Illegal substances
- Large flags, musical instruments (unless by prior consent)
- Laser pointers
- Unauthorised advertising material, banners or flyers
- Vehicles of any kind including bicycles, motorcycles, scooters, (except wheelchairs, electric wheelchairs & mobility scooters), skateboards, and roller blades/skates
- Whistles or loud hailers
- The Specified Event is a non-smoking venue. Visitors are only permitted to smoke in designated areas within Specified Event grounds.
- Adults must not leave dependent children unattended. All persons under 16 years old must be accompanied by an adult.
Specified Event (including all parts of the venue and parking areas) is conducted in accordance with an appropriate Liquor Permit. Persons seeking entry to Specified Event are advised that:
- Checking procedures will apply to prevent persons possessing liquor from entering;
- Intoxicated persons will not be permitted to enter;
- Intoxicated persons will be removed from the Specified Event; All patrons wishing to consume alcohol in the designated areas must have photographic ID;
- It is an offence for minors to purchase or consume alcohol;
- It is an offence to sell to or supply minors with alcohol;
- Liquor is only to be consumed in the permit areas;
- Persons supplying alcohol to minors will be reported to police
- Penalties apply under the Liquor Act and Regulations.
PUBLIC SAFETY WARNING
18. Visitors may experience some aspects of the
Specified Event that are potentially hazardous
including activities associated with close proximity
of cattle, horses and other animals, uneven and
potentially slippery surfaces and loud noises. Many
areas of the Specified Event are exposed to direct
sunlight and heat. Visitors are required to take
appropriate care of their hydration and sun
19. Ipswich Show Society does not take responsibility for personal injury, loss or damage however caused, including any negligence (but not gross negligence), breach of duty, default or omission on the part of its staff, members, volunteers, contractors or agents.
20. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused at the Specified Event by you or your invitees.
21. Appointed Officers of Ipswich Show Society reserve the right, with reasonable cause, to refuse entry to any person or remove any person from the Specified Event without any entitlement to a refund and in compliance with the Tort of Trespass, Council regulations and State and Commonwealth statutes.
22. Please choose carefully. We do not give refunds if
you simply change your mind, make a purchasing error
or make a wrong decision
23. No refund or exchange will be given on any ticket except as required by law.
24. If the event is unable to proceed on the advertised date or location by Government order, the Ipswich Show Society reserves the right to reschedule the Event and offer a credit or exchange to the rescheduled date or offer a refund. In the event of cancellation in advance of the event, we will provide a refund.
25. The Specified Event is an “All Weather Event”, except in such case of a “Force Majeure” defined event or an act of violence, whereby Ipswich Show Society would cancel the event. No refunds will be made if you choose not to attend due to inclement weather.
26. There will be no refund on any unused portion of tickets if you or your invitees are asked or forced to leave or if you decide not to attend any part of Specified Event.
27. In the event a refund is provided, we will provide a refund less an amount to cover the cost of ticket processing.
28. The refund or exchange will not apply in the case that the relevant circumstances were known to you and/or the relevant booking party members prior to the ticket purchase; and will not apply in the case that you and/or any of the booking party members attend the event and are refused entry or asked to leave.
29. Once a ticket is issued scanned, it is no longer valid for re-entry on that day. An armband or pass out stamp will be issued for re-entry on the given day.
30. Armbands and pass out stamps will vary each day.